Close this and use anyway
Technology Education Online
Rockets and Aerospace
The History of Space Travel
Rocket Design and Propulsion
1 Early Rocketry
2 The V-2 Rocket
4 The First Man in Space
5 America Catches Up
6 The Race to the Moon
7 Landing on the Moon
8 The Space Shuttle
1. Black powder is made from which materials?
Sulphur, Charcoal and Potassium nitrate
Sulphur, Hydrogen and Oxygen hydride
Mercury, Lead and Boron
Uranium, Plutonium and Calcium Sulphate
Lithium, Nitrogen and Calcium Nitrate
2. Rockets were first invented in
3. The scientist often called The Father of Rocketry is
Gunther von Hindenburg
Wernher von Braun
Helmut von Strassenbahn
Herman von Heidrich
4. What does Sputnik mean?
5. The first man in space was called
James T. Kirk
6. The first American in space was
7. What is a multi-stage rocket?
A rocket where each stage would burn its engines until it ran out of fuel and then separate from the rocket.
A rocket that can take multiple astronauts and equipment
A rocket that is used to make fireworks
A rocket that can be re-used
A rocket that has one single engine
8. The first man on the moon, in July 1969, was
9. The Apollo space program brought back how many pounds of moon rock?
10. The Space Shuttle was a reusable spacecraft that could be used for
All of the above
Report errors on this page